The Association for Healthcare Documentation Integrity (AHDI), formerly the American Association for Medical Transcription, is the world’s largest professional society representing the clinical documentation sector whose purpose is to set and uphold standards for education and practice in the field of health data capture and documentation that ensure the highest level of accuracy, privacy, and security for the U.S. healthcare system in order to protect public health, increase patient safety, and improve quality of care for healthcare consumers. AHDI works to advocate for workforce development and credentialing in allied health and the critical role of the technology-enabled documentation knowledge worker in the electronic health record (EHR).
The Book of Style for Medical Transcription, 3rd Edition
The 3rd edition of The Book of Style for Medical Transcription from the Association for Healthcare Documentation Integrity (AHDI) is now available in print and in a web-based electronic version. This widely acclaimed industry standards manual has long been the trusted resource for data capture and documentation standards in healthcare. The 3rd edition delivers a streamlined and strategically reorganized flow of critical data, enhanced explanation of standards and practical application, robust examples taken from clinical medicine settings, and so much more.
- Reorganization of all content into topical sections and chapters
- Completely redrafted content sections throughout
- More detailed, comprehensive content explanations and rationale for standards and style
- More and better style application examples taken from a clinical medicine context
- A complete chapter dedicated to medical record types and formats, including turn-around times (TATs)
- A complete chapter dedicated to medical record privacy, security, and integrity
- A complete chapter dedicated to amending and modifying the patient record
- Trend Notes that alert the reader to the current and/or potential impact of emerging technologies on a particular standard of style
- An entire section of chapters addressing trends and drivers in the industry.
- Medical specialty chapters with organized standards, including new classification systems
- Cross-referencing throughout the text to redirect users to related information and standards
The BOS 3rd edition is now available in searchable electronic format via online annual subscription service. A dynamic user interface will deliver style right to your fingertips via the Internet—to any computer at any time! Search the table of contents, search sections/subsections, and search by keyword(s) to find an important professional standard right when you need it. This is a must-have resource for the MT student, working professional, or educator. And quality assurance coordinators and editors will find it an invaluable tool for documenting and providing BOS feedback to employees and trainees. The BOS 3e service is available at the affordable annual rate of $30.
My copy will be available soon.